Marilyn Monroe has been an icon for classic beauty. I was inspired by her look for a Pinup/burlesque Contest going on at Mon Ennui Cosmetics. Below is a tutorial on how to achieve her timeless look.
1. Conceal and use a foundation that you like, I used L’Oreal True Match in C1.
2. Set with powder on a Kabuki brush for a flawless finish!
1. Fill in your brows and try to create an arched shape, you can use a photo of Marilyn to help you out.
2. Apply a pale shimmery white/offwhite to the whole eye area. I used Mon Ennui Cosmetics Antique Pearl, a pearly shimmery highlighter color in an off white ( https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=221094364635633&set=a.196849527060117.47267.179910115420725&type=3&theater Photo of it here).
3.I then took a metallic silver and applied it to the whole lid area and extending it to the inner corner and under the eye. I used Mon Ennui Cosmetics Slipper a high shine metallic silver (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=209697792441957&set=a.196849527060117.47267.179910115420725&type=3&theater Photo here).
4. I took a matte brown and lightly at first, drew a crease higher than my natural crease to create a large eyed illusion, similar to Marilyn in photos. I used the same brown that I filled my brows in. Darken this area as needed to create a sharp darkened crease for depth.
5. Take eyeliner of your choice, I used Milani’s liquif’eye liner in black and created a thin line on the upper lashline and extending it out to a small cateye. A good reference on how far you should go is to meet the brown shape you made in the crease area.
6. Take a brown color and using a liner brush accentuate the lower lashline.
7. Use a mascara of choice and use a few coats to get large lashes, add false ones if desired.
Lips & Cheeks
1. Use a liner to fill in your lips to get the desired shape. I already have very full lips so I just filled in my natural lashline but you can alter yours to be like Marilyn’s or create any lipshape you want. Fill in with the pencil.
2. Using a lipbrush or straight from the tube, apply a red lipstick (Monroe used reds with a more orange undertone but choose whatever red fits your mood!) I used Besame’s Red Hot Red, a replica of Monroe’s favorite color! Clean up the edges with concealer/foundation for a crisp bold lip!
3. Take a small amount of the same lipstick and apply to the cheekbone area and BLEND!
4. using liquid liner you can either make a fake beauty mark, or accentuate a beauty mark that is already on your face (like I did!) I personally like to accentuate a beauty mark that I already have, it makes each look different in my opinion!
1. Curl your hair or use a wig!
2. Add flashy diamonds (they are a girls best friend!)
3. Add a sassy dress!
4. Rock a smile!
I hope you guys liked this tutorial! And head on over to Mon Ennui to make a pinup/burlesque look of your own!
Mon Ennui Cosmetics Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mon-Ennui-Cosmetics/179910115420725
Mon Ennui Cosmetics Store: http://monennui.com/
Besame Cosmetics Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BesameCosmetics
Besame Cosmetics Store: http://www.besamecosmetics.com/
Cupcakes Makeup on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cupcakes-Makeup/276903985695416
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Amystika17/videos