Hello! I got a request for vintage pin up makeup with a twist, so I did that look today!
Makeup I used:
Mon Ennui Cosmetics- Myrrh (dark gold on outer V) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mon-Ennui-Cosmetics/179910115420725
-Ennui ( peach gold on lid) www.monennui.etsy.com
Dark Heart Designs- Bone Daddy (bone/cream with orange sparkle on highlight) https://www.facebook.com/darkheartdesigns
– Moonchild (pale silver on inner corner) http://www.darkheartdesigns.com/
Lime Crime Makeup- Lipstick in Retrofuturist (true red) http://www.limecrimemakeup.com/idevaffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=1159
I also used a random matte brown for the crease
Milani- Black Liquif’eye eye liner pencil
For this look I kept the eyes neutral, but neutral does not have to be boring! I used metallic golds and silvers to make this look for modern, since the original look involves skin colored lids, a slightly darker brown crease to create depth, and a simple cat eye. All of these colors were matte. I love shimmery colors, so I decided to make this look metallic and chic. The most versatile and expressive part of this look is the cateye liner. This is the part where you can get creative and it is the staple, most identifiable part of this look. You can go super thick on the end like Amy Winehouse, or do thin and delicate, gradate the line, make a huge one covering your whole eye * I was considering it*. You can make this very unique by experimenting with colors and textures as well! Red lips are another staple of this look but don’t be afraid to try different reds or shimmers, or even black *I was thinking about it XD*.
Step by step tutorial
1. place the pale gold on the center of the lid *ennui*
2. use a silver for the tear duct *moonchild* and bring it under the eye about halfway
3. use a matte brown for the crease
4. add a pale cream *bone daddy* for highlight
5. using a dark gold *myrrh* on a small round brush and create a < shape on your eye *for right eye > * buff this color out as far as you like and bring it in a bit to the lashline and crease area.
6. Reapply some Ennui to center of lids to make this color pop more!
7. using a black liner, create the desired cateye shape, don’t forget to lightly trace your bottom lashline and blend in with the silver for a soft line.
8. Add mascara and lashes if desired
9. slightly darken brows- you want to accentuate the intense eye makeup with sculpted brows!
9. choose your wildest red! *if you DARE!* and apply to lips and cheeks. I opt for a matte color since the eyes have a lot of shimmer. Adding a bit of lipstick as a cheek color is great when you want to match your lipstick to your blush! You also get a very natural looking flush since it does not lay on top of the skin as much as powder would!
10. Finish lips with gloss if desired, or set look with powder foundation
Good luck and don’t be shy to be creative with color choices!