If you are new to Korean Skincare, it can get a bit overwhelming with all of the various products as well as some descriptions not being fully in English or using words that we have never heard of! Check out my post outlining Korean Skin Care Routine for a quick introduction to the methods while this post is focusing on one of the last steps in the moisturizing section: Sleeping Packs.
So what exactly is a sleeping pack?!?! A sleeping pack is a final moisturizer that you apply in a thick layer and then go to sleep with it! It can be a bit weird at first going to bed with a sticky face (especially if you have cats walking all over you like me!), but I can assure you, when you wake up and have baby soft skin you will be obsessed like me!
How to Use:
- After your night time skincare routine is done, apply a nice layer all over skin and then go to bed!
- In the morning, rinse off the product and then begin your morning routine!
- I use this once a week or if my skin is really dry especially during winter!
Lazy Girl Hack: If I’m too tired to do my whole routine, I’ll simply cleanse my skin then slap some sleeping pack on and then wake up moisturized and refreshed, not to mention not guilty from neglecting my 10 step regimen.
Sleeping pack is a must have for those with dry skin (like me), who want to potentially simplify their regimen, or are new to the Korean skincare routine and don’t have the funds to do a bunch of products.
My Personal Favorite: The Face Shop Jeju Tangerine Sleeping Pack! Unfortunately I was not able to find it on Amazon anymore, but this not only smells great, but also works really well. I don’t have anything to compare it to as this is my first sleeping pack, but I plan to update this post once I try more. It always leaves my skin really hydrated and happy. For more of my beauty favorites click here!
Ones I’m dying to try next:
- Etude House Bubble Tea Sleeping Pack
- Comes in 3 flavors, Strawberry, Green Tea, and Black Tea, with each addressing different skin concerns.
- The packaging is not only alluring, it’s adorable!
- Contains hydrating “bobas” that add extra moisture not to mention fun!
- Etude House Moistfull Collagen Sleeping Pack
- This one seems to be a cult favorite!
- Simple and effective this one is perfect for someone new to Korean Skincare products
- TonyMoly Panda’s Dream White Sleeping Pack
- I love the packaging, the panda is so cute!
- It claims to soothe and calm skin, which would be great for winter
- Has whitening properties, meaning that it evens and brightens skin tone through the use of Niacinamide.
- TonyMoly Magic Food Banana Sleeping Mask
- Again, the packaging is a banana….. so cute!
- Hydrates and calms the skin and contains Banana Extract!
- Innisfree Green Tea Sleeping Pack
- I love green tea products and I really want to try their green tea serum so it only makes sense to try this one out too!
Have you tried any of these? Any others I should try?